-
November 30th, 2003, 10:44 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hello again,
I would like to thank all of you for your replies on the Stonehenge III cabinets.
Most of all Mr. Jim Butler. A big thank you Jim. The information you shared has given me enough to re-create the original design in all it's beauty.
While these cabinets may not be everyone's cup of tea, they are a classic Altec design and as such should be archived for the Altec collectors' and future Altec fans.
It is my belief that, without the collectors and hobbyists, much of the Altec history would be lost.
While nothing is perfect, the "re-creation" I have drawn is at least 99% accurate. I would like to finish this effort with another separate drawing of the grille assembly. If any of you have additional information on these cabinets or grille assemblies, please drop me a line. Even photos can be of value. I would appreciate feedback on this work, either constructive, positive or negative.
I am willing to share this "drawing" with those who are interested on a "one on one" basis until the legal implications (if any) of copyrights and/or patents can be worked out.
Thanks again,
Jim
-
December 1st, 2003, 01:10 AM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
HI Jim,
Glad I could help out with the Stonehenge 3's. And many thanks to you for the detailed plans of the Model 14's. Preserving Altec's cabinet designs is, IMHO, archiving an important chapter of American industrial design.
JIm Butler
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks